At Microsoft’s Build 2018 developers conference, both the companies demonstrated that how both the AI assistant Amazon Alexa best of both worlds, so to speak.
Voice-based AI-enabled assistants have been slowly making their way to various devices. However, they are still very niche and haven’t become mainstream. In order to increase the reach of their voice assistants, Microsoft and Amazon recently partnered to bring them together.
Both the companies are working on expanding its digital assistant to other platforms and as part of the partnership, Alexa and Cortana will work on either of the platforms.
Microsoft is working on bringing Alexa integration to Windows platform in near future and initially, this feature will only be available on some Windows 10 devices from brands like HP, Lenovo, Asus, and Acer. But if your laptop is not in the list of supported devices and you want to install and use Amazon Alexa on your Windows-powered laptop, then fret not, here’s a how you can install Amazon Alexa on Windows 10 PC.
- A Windows 10 running laptop
- Internet connectivity
- Amazon login id and password.
- Install all the Windows 10 update before proceeding.
- Download and Install the ‘.Net Framework 4.7.2’ from Microsoft website or Windows update.
- Change the language settings to English US ( because currently Alexa for Windows only support US English).
Steps to Use Amazon Alexa on Windows 10 PC:
1. Download the Amazon Alexa for Windows 10.
2. Run the installer, and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Now, Open Start menu and Launch the Alexa app.
4. Accept the terms and condition by clicking the continue button.
5. In “Configure Alexa on PC settings” screen make sure to check both ‘Launch the app on sign into this computer and ‘Allow app sounds’ box and click on ‘Finish Setup’ button.
6. Now, Use your Amazon account details to log in.
7. That’s it, you can now use Alexa the way you want.
Use Amazon Alexa on Windows 10 PC