With almost 400 million active users daily, Facebook-owned photo and video sharing platform, Instagram claim to have one of the largest user bases. In past couple of weeks, the Instagram app has been updated with several new features such as yes/no polls, emoji slider, story soundtrack and more.
Recently, we have reported that Instagram is testing a native payments feature on its platform, allowing users to shop directly using the app.
If you are wondering on how to set up and use the payments option on Instagram, here’s our ready-to-use-guide for you:
You must be running the latest version (18.104.22.168) of the Instagram app and If you are running the older version, you need to update it to use this feature.
1. Open Google Play Store and search for the Instagram app (in case you have not opted for auto-update).
2. Check if the app shows the ‘Update’ button instead of the ‘Install’ option.
3. Tap on ‘Update’ button to start downloading the latest version of the app.
Steps to add payment method:
1. Open Instagram app from the launcher or the home screen shortcut (in case you’ve made one)
2. Tap on the avatar icon at the bottom right corner
3. Now, tap on the three-vertical buttons to go to the ‘Settings’ section of the app
4. Scroll down and look for ‘Payments’ option
5. Head to the profile section and tap on ‘Add debit or credit card’ option
6. Enter your card details and tap on the tick-mark at the top right corner
7. Now, tap on ‘Security’ tab to add a ‘Pin’ to restrict unauthorized access
Steps to remove the payment method:
- Head to ‘Profile’ tab in the ‘Payments’ section of the app
- Select the card details you’ve added and tap on ‘>’ icon at the right
- Tap on the ‘Remove’ button the bottom of the card page to successfully remove the card.
Note: Adding your card will deduct approximately Rs 71 in favor of Facebook payment.
Setup Instagram Payments