Facebook has already started rolling out a new feature called 3D photos that capture an additional layer of depth to give the images a third-dimension in both news feed and VR mode. The feature captures the distance between the foreground and background to bring lifelike sense with depth and movement.
The feature is currently available on Apple iPhones and all the users need to do is capture a portrait image using compatible dual-lens smartphones and share it as 3D photo on Facebook.
The 3D photo posted on Facebook lets users scroll, pan and tilt in 3D. The 3D photos can also be viewed in the VR mode using Oculus Go, Oculus Browser or Firefox on Oculus Rift.
If you also want to post 3D photos and wondering on how to do it, here’s our step-by-step guide for you.
– User must be using Apple iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR
– The photos should be taken in portrait mode
Steps to follow:
1. First, you’ll need to open your camera and switch to ‘Portrait’ mode and click pictures you want to share, or you can also use already taken portrait photos.
2. Now, head to ‘Facebook’ app
3. Then, start creating a new post on Facebook
4. Tap on the three-dots in the top-right corner
5. Select the option ‘3D photos’ to open iPhone’s Portraits folder
6. Choose the image you want to share in 3D
7. Add the caption and other details you want to add to the post
8. Click on ‘Share’ button to post the image
Here tips and tricks to share 3D photos on Facebook
1. To get the best results the subject must be at least three feet away
2. Subjects with contrasting colours give a better sense of depth
3. Use texture, solid edges to enhance the portrait image
4. Depth sensors might not be that accurate with transparent objects
Create And Share 3D Photos On Facebook