Let’s have a look at the method to Fix Sound Not Working on a MAC using the possible ways that can you use this issue and there will be no need to use any third party tool as this will be using the inbuilt settings. So have a look at the complete guide discussed below to proceed.
The MacOS is believed to be one of the best-operating systems made for the computer devices and the reason for that is this OS just outperforms in any case and also have very very fewer issues related to it. But sometimes their issues arise and you must be knowing that how you can fix it that is why our readers follow up to keep themselves updated about the latest techniques that they can use while they face such issues.
And I cover all the technology like Mac and Windows so that you can easily find any solution at just one place. So today I’m here with the solution of the issue that user generally face that is Sound not working on the Mac that is the most common issue on the Mac.
Yesterday my friend was using Mac Air and playing some tracks on it and suddenly sounds get off and after checking everything like system sound etc, nothing worked so I researched on the internet regarding this and then I got one way that we used and within few minutes the issue was resolved.
I tried several ways and few of them actually works in the situation and then I noted those ways and today I’m going to share those ways that you can use to fix this issue and you will not need any third party tool just a few settings and everything will be working perfectly. So have a look at complete guide discussed below to proceed.
How to Fix Sound Not Working on a Mac
The methods are quite simple and straight and I have posted screenshot also so anyone can easily use my guide to fix the issue. So have a look at below steps to proceed.
1. Check Volume Settings and Hardware
This is something pretty simple but you have to check this as sometimes you may mute the audio or just have turned the volume down. Or sometimes extreme may happen that you have low down the volume so that you can’t hear anything as in such case you will be wasting time on troubleshooting the things. If there is no such thing there then you need to proceed further.
2. Choosing the Audio Device
You need to follow the simple step by step guide to do this and below are the steps for that:
- First of all, you need to open the Apple menu and then proceed to “System Preferences -> Sound -> Output”.
- Now you will see the audio devices where you want to get the output and you need to smart enough to get the right one selected.
- Sometime reselecting the device may activate the song again, you must check the volume level where it should not be on zero.
- So choose the correct option and most probably the things will work and you will have the sound back.
3. Resetting the Core Audio
- First of all, you need to open the terminal from the spotlight by entering the terminal in the search box and in it, you need to enter the command “sudo killall coreaudiod”.
- It will ask the password to reset the API of your mac and once it’s done you will see audio will start working.
- This is the better way to reset the things as this command sets the by default settings of sound everywhere and you will have the things fixed.
So above guide was all about How to Fix Sound Not Working on a Mac, Use the guide and the methods that I had listed above and you will see one of them will surely work for you and you will able to get the back the audio output back on your Mac.
Hope you like the guide, keep on sharing with others too so that your friends can also use this guide to fix the same issue. Leave a comment below if you have any related queries with this as the techviral team will be always there to assist you.
How to Fix Sound Not Working MAC